Gorgeous Almond Coconut & Apricot bars
These bars are a perfect guilt-free snack when you are feeling a little peckish.
You can change up the seeds or nuts in them but the almonds and apricots are essential as is the shredded coconut which adds delicious chewiness (is that a word??).
Anyway they are seriously yummy.
Now I find they are best kept in the fridge as they will soften at room temperature but still taste amazing!
Here's how to make them
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped cashews or pecans
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds - (I used sesame seeds, sunflower seeds & pepitas)
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced into small pieces
- 1½ cups shredded coconut (or coconut flakes)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (I just added these for a little protein boost but they are optional)
- ½-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl place all the ingredients (except the honey & the coconut oil) an mix to combine
- Mix the honey & coconut oil together then pour over the dry ingredients ad stir until combined.
- Press the mix into a lined slice tray and press down firmly.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden brown - watch closely toward the end of cooking to make sure it doesn't burn!
- Remove and allow to cool then slice.