For some time now i have been trying to come up with the perfect spicy chicken fajitas and finally I've done it!
Super easy and delicious. Better than any takeaway and only take around 30 minutes to cook.
Here's the step by step instructions for anyone to make it - no cooking experience necessary
I know it looks like a long list a first glance but it really is easy.
(apologies for no step by step photos - I wasn't prepared for this batch to be such a success - keep an eye out for the updated post with progress pics!!)
2 -3 large chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 cm strips
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 yellow & 1 red capsicum, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Magic fajita spice - mix together in a small jar or bowl ready to use
3 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cumin
sprinkle sugar and sea salt
1/2 head cauliflower
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
ground black pepper
40g low fat feta
To finish - all optional but really make the meal an absolute winner!!
low fat sour cream or natural yoghurt
How to make them
1. Turn on oven to 200C
2. Get a large baking dish and spray with cooking spray
3. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthways then slice into 1-2 cm strips, put into baking dish
4. Slice capsicums, onion and tomato and add to baking dish with chicken.
5. sprinkle the fajita spice over the chicken and vegetables, mix through with the oil and put the dish in the oven.
6. Cook for around 15 minutes then pull the tray out and give it a stir. Put back in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until golden
7. While the chicken is cooking, break up the cauliflower head, put pieces in a food processor and pulse until consistency of rice grains. Put the cauliflower rice into a microwave proof bowl, mix with the coconut oil. Cover with cling film.
8. When the chicken is cooked, squeeze over the lime.
9. Microwave the cauliflower rice on high for 2-3 minutes. Remove the rice from the microwave and crumble over the feta and top with spinach and mix through.
To serve - spoon some rice mix into a bowl, top with cooked chicken and vegetables. Add spoonful of sour cream, some chopped soft avocado and a sprinkle of coriander.
PS the chicken is also super delicious in a salad or wrap for lunch the next day.